Sunday, August 9, 2015

Daily Bible Study August 9, 2015

The Prayer O Most Loving Jesus (by Saint Louis De Montfort)


O most loving Jesus, deign to let me pour forth my gratitude before Thee, for the grace Thou hast bestowed upon me in giving me to Thy holy Mother through the devotion of Holy Bondage, that she may be my advocate in the presence of Thy majesty and my support in my extreme misery. Alas, O Lord! I am so wretched that without this dear Mother I should be certainly lost. Yes, Mary is necessary for me at Thy side and everywhere that she may appease Thy just wrath, because I have so often offended Thee; that she may save me from the eternal punishment of Thy justice, which I deserve; that she may contemplate Thee, speak to Thee, pray to Thee, approach Thee and please Thee; that she may help me to save my soul and the souls of others; in short, Mary is necessary for me that I may always do Thy holy will and seek Thy greater glory in all things. Ah, would that I could proclaim throughout the whole world the mercy that Thou hast shown to me! Would that everyone might know I should be already damned, were it not for Mary! Would that I might offer worthy thanksgiving for so great a blessing!
Mary is in me. Oh, what a treasure! Oh, what a consolation! And shall I not be entirely hers? Oh, what ingratitude! My dear Saviour, send me death rather than such a calamity, for I would rather die than live without belonging entirely to Mary. With St. John the Evangelist at the foot of the Cross, I have taken her a thousand times for my own and as many times have given myself to her; but if I have not yet done it as Thou, dear Jesus, dost wish, I now renew this offering as Thou dost desire me to renew it. And if Thou seest in my soul or my body anything that does not belong to this august princess, I pray Thee to take it and cast it far from me, for whatever in me does not belong to Mary is unworthy of Thee.
O Holy Spirit, grant me all these graces. Plant in my soul the Tree of true Life, which is Mary; cultivate it and tend it so that it may grow and blossom and bring forth the fruit of life in abundance. O Holy Spirit, give me great devotion to Mary, Thy faithful spouse; give me great confidence in her maternal heart and an abiding refuge in her mercy, so that by her Thou mayest truly form in me Jesus Christ, great and mighty, unto the fullness of His perfect age.
Amen.


Daily Mass Readings For August 9, 2015



Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Lectionary: 116

Reading 1 1  KGS 19:4-8
4 And he went forward, one day's journey into
the desert. And when he was there, and sat under
a juniper tree, he requested for his soul that
he might die, and said: It is enough for me, Lord;
take away my soul: for I am no better than my
fathers.
5 And he cast himself down, and slept in the
shadow of the juniper tree: and behold an angel
of the Lord touched him, and said to him: Arise
and eat.
6 He looked, and behold there was at his head
a hearth cake, and a vessel of water: and he ate
and drank, and he fell asleep again.
7 And the angel of the Lord came again the
second time, and touched him, and said to him:
Arise, eat: for thou hast yet a great way to go
8 And he arose, and ate and drank, and walked
in the strength of that food forty days and forty
nights, unto the mount of God, Horeb.


Responsorial Psalm PS 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9
R. (9a) Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.
I will bless the LORD at all times;
his praise shall be ever in my mouth.
Let my soul glory in the LORD;
the lowly will hear me and be glad.
R. Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.
Glorify the LORD with me,
Let us together extol his name.
I sought the LORD, and he answered me
And delivered me from all my fears.
R. Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.
Look to him that you may be radiant with joy.
And your faces may not blush with shame.
When the afflicted man called out, the LORD heard,
And from all his distress he saved him.
R. Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.
The angel of the LORD encamps
around those who fear him and delivers them.
Taste and see how good the LORD is;
blessed the man who takes refuge in him.
R. Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.





Reading 2 EPH 4:30—5:2
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God:
whereby you are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, and anger, and indignation,
and clamour, and blasphemy, be put away
from you, with all malice.
32 And be ye kind one to another; merciful,
forgiving one another, even as God hath forgiven
you in Christ.
Chapter 5
Be ye therefore followers of God, as most dear
children;
2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved
us, and hath delivered himself for us, an oblation
and a sacrice to God for an odour of sweetness.


Alleluia JN 6:51
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
I am the living bread that came down from heaven, says the Lord;
whoever eats this bread will live forever.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.

41 The Jews therefore murmured at him, because
he had said: I am the living bread which
came down from heaven.
42 And they said: Is not this Jesus, the son
of Joseph, whose father and mother we know?
How then saith he, I came down from heaven?
43 Jesus therefore answered, and said to them:
Murmur not among yourselves.
44 No man can come to me, except the Father,
who hath sent me, draw him; and I will raise him
up in the last day.
45 It is written in the prophets: And they
shall all be taught of God. Every one that hath
heard of the Father, and hath learned, cometh
to me.
46 Not that any man hath seen the Father;
but he who is of God, he hath seen the Father.
47 Amen, amen I say unto you: He that believeth
in me, hath everlasting life.
48 I am the bread of life.
49 Your fathers did eat manna in the desert,
and are dead.
50 This is the bread which cometh down from
heaven; that if any man eat of it, he may not die.
51 I am the living bread which came down
from heaven.

Comment: Bread in the time and land of Jesus was a staple it was part of every meal. If there was a generalized word for food, it was bread.  Just as Jesus stays that within Him the law is fulfilled, in other words to love Jessus is to be obedient to the the law, because He, Jesus, God is the fulfillment of the the law.  In Him, within Jesus, the law is fulfilled. 
Therefore it follows that Jesus is the bread of life. Jesus is the very food that is Life sustaining. Thus, to know love and obey Jesus sustains life -- not physical life, but eternal life. -- Fred Celio

  Please click below for video homily 


St. Michael God’s Knight Donations



Join Us On Facebook And Share This Daily Bible Study

No comments:

Post a Comment