Saturday, August 8, 2015

Daily Bible Study For August 10, 2015




Protect me, Mother of Perpetual Help, while I am awake. Watch over me when I sleep. And when I am awake, may I keep watch with Christ, and when asleep, may I rest in His peace.
Send your prayer intentions to Mary: http://www.maryprayforus.org/intentions




Daily Mass Readings For August 10, 2015



Feast of Saint Lawrence, deacon and martyr
 
Lectionary: 618




Reading 1 2 COR 9:6-10
6 Now this I say: He who soweth sparingly,
shall also reap sparingly: and he who soweth in
blessings, shall also reap blessings.
7 Every one as he hath determined in his
heart, not with sadness, or of necessity: for God
loveth a cheerful giver.
8 And God is able to make all grace abound
in you; that ye always, having all suciency in
all things, may abound to every good work,
9 As it is written: He hath dispersed abroad,
he hath given to the poor: his justice remaineth
for ever.
10 And he that ministereth seed to the sower,
will both give you bread to eat, and will multiply
your seed, and increase the growth of the fruits
of your justice:

Responsorial Psalm PS 112:1-2, 5-6, 7-8, 9
R. (5) Blessed the man who is gracious and lends to those in need.
Blessed the man who fears the LORD,
who greatly delights in his commands.
His posterity shall be mighty upon the earth;
the upright generation shall be blessed.
R. Blessed the man who is gracious and lends to those in need.
Well for the man who is gracious and lends,
who conducts his affairs with justice;
He shall never be moved;
the just one shall be in everlasting remembrance.
R. Blessed the man who is gracious and lends to those in need.
An evil report he shall not fear;
his heart is firm, trusting in the LORD.
His heart is steadfast; he shall not fear
till he looks down upon his foes.
R. Blessed the man who is gracious and lends to those in need.
Lavishly he gives to the poor, 
his generosity shall endure forever;
his horn shall be exalted in glory.
R. Blessed the man who is gracious and lends to those in need.

Alleluia JN 8:12BC
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness
but will have the light of life, says the Lord.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.


Gospel JN 12:24-26
24 Amen, amen I say to you, unless the grain
of wheat falling into the ground die,
25 Itself remaineth alone. But if it die, it
bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his
life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in
this world, keepeth it unto life eternal.
26 If any man minister to me, let him follow
me; and where I am, there also shall my minister
be. If any man minister to me, him will my
Father honour.


Please click below for video homily 






St. Michael God’s Knight Donations



Please join us on facebook and share the daily Bible study

No comments:

Post a Comment